Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Birthday


new baby coming!
I do not have a face to see,


Or to put inside a frame.


I do not have soft cheeks to kiss,


I don't yet have a name.


You can't yet hold my tiny hands,


Nor whisper in my ear.


It's still too soon to sing a song,


Or cuddle me so near.


But all will change come March 1st,


That's when they say I'm due.


I'm your new grandson or granddaughter,


I can't wait till I meet you.


All I ask between now and then,


Is your patience while I grow.


I promise I'll be worth the wait,


Because of all the love we'll know.


So what I have to give you now,


is a wish to you from me.


I cannot wait to be a part


Of this wonderful family.


~ Anonymous ~




Old age isn’t so bad when you consider the alternative. ”


“The best birthdays of all are those that haven’t arrived yet.”


~Robert Orben



“The more things change, the more they remain the same.”

~ Alphonse Karr



” When I passed forty I dropped pretense, cause men like women who got some sense. ”



“Middle age is having a choice between two temptations and choosing the one that’ll get you home earlier.”

~Dan Bennett



“The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.”

~ Oscar Wilde



“Inside every older person is a younger person – wondering what the hell happened. ”



“The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.”

~ Lucille Ball



“Middle age is when your age starts to show around your middle. ”

~Bob Hope



“When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it happened or not.”



“It takes a long time to grow young.”

~ Pablo Picasso



“Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.”



“You grow up the day you have your first real laugh yourself.”

~Ethel Barrymore



“A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman’s birthday but never remembers her age.”



“There is still no cure for the common birthday. ”

~John Glenn



“You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely





“When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it happened or not.”



” It is lovely, when I forget all birthdays, including my own, to find that somebody remembers me.”



“Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. ”



“You’re not 40, you’re eighteen with 22 years experience. ”



“The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.”



“The more things change, the more they remain the same. ”



“How do you expect me to remember your birthday, when you never look any older? happy birthday!”



“Inflation is when you pay fifteen dollars for the ten-dollar haircut you used to get for five dollars when you had hair. “


Roses are red, violets are blue, stop complaining, I'm older than you!

No one can hold a candle to you! Happy Birthday!

Happy 39th Birthday...again!

     Youth is a work of nature, but age is a work of art
Congratulations on your second childhood! Happy Birthday!

Don't count the years, count your many many many blesssings..Happy Birthday !

To someone who is forever young!

You're not getting older, you're getting better!

Just like a fine wine you grow better with the years!

Wishing you a year with the same joy you bring to others

First you forget names, then you forget faces, and  then you forget to unzip your fly.
Exactly how far along the process are you? Happy Birthday Whatsyerface!

No comments: