Monday, February 15, 2010

Father~Son~ Grand-dad Related Sayings

Husband and cat missing $200 reward for the cat!

A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office !

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. Clarence Budington Kelland

Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance. Ruth E. Renkel

“Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope.” ~Bill Cosby




“Father! - to God himself we cannot give a holier name.” ~William Wordsworth



“A father is a man who expects his children to be as good as he meant to be.” ~ Carol Coats



“A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again.” ~Enid Bagnold



“Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes.” ~Gloria Naylor



“I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.” ~ Sigmond Freud



“One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters.” ~ A 17th century English proverb or saying.



“Role modeling is the most basic responsibility of parents. Parents are handing life’s scripts to their children, scripts that in all likelihood will be acted out for the rest of the children’s lives.” ~ Stephen R. Covey



“It is impossible to please all the world and one’s father.” ~ Jean de La Fontaine



“By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong. ” -Charles Wadsworth



“A man knows he is growing old because he begins to look like his father.”~ Gabriel Garcia Marquez quotes



“To be a successful father…there’s one absolute rule: when you have a kid, don’t look at it for the first two years. ” ~ Ernest Hemingway



“My father didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” ~Clarence Budington Kelland



“The father who does not teach his son his duties is equally guilty with the son who neglects them.” ~ Confucius



“A father is a banker provided by nature.” ~ A father saying

“To support mother and father, to cherish wife and child and to have a simple livelihood; this is the good luck.” Buddha



More Buddha Sayings



“It doesn’t matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was. “~ Anne Sexton



“You’ve got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was.”~ Irish Proverb

More Irish Sayings



“The joys of parents are secret, and so are their griefs and fears.”~ Francis Bacon, Sr.



“It is much easier to become a father than to be one.” ~ Kent Nerburn



“We never know the love of our parents for us till we have become parents.”~ Henry Ward Beecher



“To be a successful father…there’s one absolute rule: when you have a kid, don’t look at it for the first two years.” ~ Ernest Hemingway



“A man knows he is growing old because he begins to look like his father.”~ Gabriel Garcia Marquez



“When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry. ”

– Jewish Proverb



Any man can be a father. It takes someone special to be a dad.

I love my father as the stars - he's a a bright shining example and a happy twinkling in my heart. Adabella Radici


When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years. Mark Twain


A fisherman lives here with the catch of his life.

Husband for sale: Remote included.

Dad - a son's first hero-a daughter's first love.

Dad - you're someone to look up to no matter how tall I've grown.

Dad dreams, he plans, he struggles that we might have the best, His sacrifice is quiet, his life is love expressed.

Daddy's little cowgirl. ( cowboy )


“Do you know why grandchildren are always so full of energy? They suck it out of their grandparents.” ~Gene Perret




“The reason grandchildren and grandparents get along so well is that they have a common enemy.” ~Sam Levenson



“I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather… Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.”~ Will Shriner



“Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild.” ~Welsh Proverb

That reminds me to collect some Welsh Sayings.



“Being grandparents sufficiently removes us from the responsibilities so that we can be friends.”~ Allan Frome



“You’ve got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was.” ~Irish Sayings



“My grandfather was a cop in Long Island. I often try to draw on things that I’ve heard about him.” ~Yancy Butler



What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies. ~Rudolph Giuliani



“I’m very proud of my gold pocket watch. My grandfather, on his deathbed, sold me this watch.” ~Woody Allen



“My grandfather once told me that there are two kinds of people: those who work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was less competition there.” Indira Gandhi



We should all have one person who knows how to bless us despite the evidence, Grandmother was that person to me. ~Phyllis Theroux



When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window. ~Ogden Nash



Everyone needs to have access both to grandparents and grandchildren in order to be a full human being. ~Margaret Mead

“Grandma and Grandpa, tell me a story and snuggle me with your love. When I’m in your arms, the world seems small and we’re blessed by the heavens above.” ~Laura Spiess



“I have a warm feeling after playing with my grandchildren. It’s the liniment working.” ~Author Unknown



My great-great-great-grandmother walked as a slave from Virginia to Eatonton, Georgia… It is in memory of this walk that I chose to keep and to embrace my “maiden” name, Walker. ~ Alice Walker



“If nothing is going well, call your grandmother. ” ~Italian Proverb



“One of the most powerful handclasps is that of a new grandbaby around the finger of a grandfather.” ~Joy Hargrove



“Most grandmas have a touch of the scallywag.” ~Helen Thomson



“My grandfather always said that living is like licking honey off a thorn.” ~Louis Adamic

No comments: